|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% more
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Original Version - 9th April
Current iteration - updated 14th April
Since Lor San Tekka was spoiled in Convergence, with his single -side and power action that went under the radar, I had to make a Mill deck!
I'll explain each choice below as well as alternate cards that I believe will be substituted as the meta forms, but let's start with the most important pieces to the deck...
Every die-side is relevant in this deck:
- to get what you need, with his 2-side acting as fodder for Leia Organa if needed.
- Motivate enables his to be a threat
- s and s are always useful, depending on the situation.
Let's talk about his greatest benefit though - his Power Action:
Choose 3 cards from your discard pile. Then an opponent adds one of those cards to your hand. Set the other 2 cards aside.
What's worse than dealing with Suppressive Fire / Beguile / Hidden Motive? Dealing with them 3 or even 4 times in a game! It is an amazing ability - one that people don't catch on to until late game. I only use this ability to bring back mitigation - when you're opponent has to choose between Beguile, Easy Pickings, or Pacify, it never feels good for them. Also, I never pick a Red Event (such as Motivate or No Answer) which I'll explain later.
Although a little costly for her single die, Leia Organa is still an amazing tool for mill.
- Just like Lor San Tekka, all of her die sides are relevant, but her 2 is what you're aiming for obviously.
- Her Power Action is an after-thought - target Lor San Tekka's 2 or even her own 2-value sides if their are no cards left to discard from hand.
- From experience, everyone targets Leia first as she has the most disruptive sides/power action. Use that to your advantage! Load up Lor San Tekka and Anakin with Resistance Ring and Lore Hunter.
A great filler character, providing us access to Yellow and synergy with his Podracer.
- Anakin is our money-maker - we love his sides when paired with Bartering's +, but his is a good target for Motivate
- Access to Yellow means Easy Pickings - it's always on as he isn't a priority with Lor San Tekka and Leia doing their jobs.
- By endgame, his single die becomes fodder for Senate Chamber's Power Action.
- Although this is a slow deck, when we do have the battlefield, both abilities are valuable.
- Leia is a leader, and the battlefield ensures we can get her 2
- Otherwise, we have a form of free soft mitigation by blanking and forcing rerolls.
- The is back-breaking, and why I don't use Lor San Tekka's Power Action on Red Events. With access to Field Medic or Motivate, recursion with this card is great, but the best use of this card is with No Answer for 7 total cards discarded with 2 resources, possibly 8 if we chain s with Bartering too!
- Choosing which card goes to an opponent's hand, while simulatenously removing an important piece of their game plan is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Going up against a Yoda/Padmé and discarding a Target Acquired whilst forcing them to draw First Aid feels good. This card also feeds into No Answer if they have claimed with no cards in hand; force them to take one in hand, then discard it and 3 more! A must in this deck!
A must-have in Mill. This card goes on to whoever isn't being targeted, and preferably you want to see this in your opening hand.
- v1.1 - Taking a backseat for Riot Shield, as it synergises with Stealthy (which acts similar to Force Meditation anyway, with the added bonus of a 2 side)
- Do I need to explain? We want or s. Definitely want this in your opener.
- This card makes the deck viable. 3-wide Mill was too slow previously, and was hard-pressed to discard from hand. With No Answer able to discard the final card from hand, and another 3 off the top of the deck, this card can be a finisher. As mentioned before, paired with Resistance Ring, it's not uncommon to play No Answer twice in 1 round.
Cards to Consider/Change
- In my time with this deck, I have NEVER played Stealthy once. Mainly due to the fact that there are much better 2-cost options: Anakin Skywalker's Podracer and Force Meditation
I would cut Stealthy for Riot Shield - I don't have trooper characters but 1 to block 2 damage is still a good trade (like Field Medic)
- v1.1 - Force Meditation was cut instead to make way for Riot Shield
- The is useless (unless we are against a mirror-match)
- s and are always beneficial, but for 2-cost, just like Stealthy, it gets pushed to the wayside.
- As a 1-of, it's in an okay place, but I'd prefer more mitigation - I think Entangle has a place, as Anakin seems to last a while.
- v1.1 - Start Your Engines! was put in instead of Yoda's Spirit.
We are looking for a 2-cost Mill piece, 1-cost upgrade, and some 0-cost removal.
- Anakin Skywalker's Podracer (Start Your Engines!) or
- Hidden Motive and/or Pacify
- Bartering or Resistance Ring or Lore Hunter
- Easy Pickings or Suppressive Fire
- ePalpatine/eWatto - W
- eYoda/ePadmé Amidala/Armored Reinforcement - W
- eLuke Skywalker/eAayla Secura - W
- eYoda/ePadmé Amidala/Armored Reinforcement- W
- eGeneral Grievous/Doctor Aphra/Sentinel Messenger - W
- eSaw Gerrera/Padmé Amidala/Armored Reinforcement - W
- eJyn Erso/eCassian Andor - W
- eLando Calrissiam/Enfys Nest - W
- eLeia Organa/eLando Calrissian - W
v1.1 - 11th April
Notes: Too many 2-cost upgrades means inefficient use of s. We've taken out Force Meditation to keep Stealthy in as it synergises with our addition of Riot Shield. Also, Yoda's Spirit, while a good flex choice for mirror matches and more / has taken a backseat to Start Your Engines!, acting as a 3rd Anakin Skywalker's Podracer.