|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% more
|6-0 in Galactic Qualifer in Malmö (Standard)||20||16||30||1.0|
This is the deck that gave me 5th place of 33 players at the Regional Championship that happened in Campina Grande - Paraíba - Brazil ( https://tabletop.to/sw-destiny-regional-tio-gera-2019 ).
Swiss (5-1) - 4th Place:
- Round 1 (W): Alex Lacerda (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Round 2 (L): Sérgio Muniz (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Round 3 (W): Deivid Lira (eLor San Tekka / Anakin / Leia)
- Round 4 (W): Emerson Andrade (ePalpatine / eWatto)
- Round 5 (W): Marcos Botelho (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Round 6 (W): Danilo Almeida (eLor San Tekka / Anakin / Leia)
TOP 8 - Jonathan Santos (eSnoke/FOST/Watto) - Loss
- Round 1: Win
- Round 2: Loss
- Round 3: Loss
Since I only have 1 Riot Shield and 1 Megablaster Troopers, I tried 2 Quicksilver Baton that helped a lot to put some unexpected damage, rolling again 2 dice. I always liked Sniper Team for a Phasma deck, but didn't managed to play a single time all day. I was trying to find a place for Mind Extraction and Fear and Dead Men, but I need Flames of the Past (my tournament MVP alongside Pulverize); maybe I cut off Intense Fire, I don't know.
See below for some report on the matches:
First of all, I was training for 2 weeks with eSnoke/Watto/FOST but changed two days before the event, since I anticipated a lot of mill decks. My training partner was piloting a Yoda/Leia mill deck ( her deck ) which gave me a lot of trouble, so I believed my better chance was with a more aggressive approach, even knowing that Snoke/Watto/FOST was a pretty strong deck.
I was also expecting a bunch of mirror matches, so I prepared some tech plays and tech cards for this. Happened I was the only Captain Phasma - Stormtrooper Commander player... hahaha Luckly the techs worked like a charm with the Unholy Trinity!
Round 1 (W): Alex Lacerda (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Alex is a player from my city and also changed his deck few days before. I knew his style of playing which helped me a lot controling the game. My dice rolled hot for damaged and for ramp: 4 dmg with the Troopers, money (for 2 Logistics) with the others! Vader's Fist at turn 1 with 3 damage and 4 shields that helped a lot. He got his Vader's Fist for his first action but I had another one and Flames of the Past on my hand. MVP for the match was a Vader's Fist discard to rerrol for 5 dmg and Flames of the Past next. With Vader's Fist out and no resources, I put Watto - Stubborn Gambler at 1 life remaining and the same with the First Order Stormtrooper (no more dice Snoked). Focused on Snoke - Supreme Leader because of his Focus sides and win the game.
Round 2 (L): Sérgio Muniz (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Sérgio is one of the best players from my city (2nd place at this tournament), so I was expecting a very difficult match... And it was! I was controlling very well, put 9 dmg on Snoke - Supreme Leader turn 1 (7 because of the shields). Put him and the First Order Stormtrooper down at the beginning of turn 2 but his board was full and I got nothing on mine besides one Imperial Officer. He got Vader's Fist at the end of turn 2, I believe, and I got A Sinister Peace with Vader's Fist turn 3, to remove his dice and Flames of the Past next. Could be the MVP play (again), but I made 2 mistakes: I forgot that we are playing on Theed Royal Palace - Naboo - I could Flames of the Past turn 2, saving 6 health), and with one more resource at turn 3 I could Pulverize for Watto - Stubborn Gamblers kill. He managed to control my dice and the Captain Phasma - Stormtrooper Commander's Power Action with Mind Extraction, and kill one character. Megablaster Troopers came, but was too late. Lost for a 3 health remaining Watto - Stubborn Gambler, in a very good match.
Round 3 (W): Deivid Lira (eLor San Tekka / Anakin / Leia)
- I wasn't training against this deck but I knew what expect. Since he wasn't using Occupied City - Lothal, I build my board. Killed Anakin Skywalker - Podracing Prodigy because of Anakin Skywalker's Podracer, went for Leia Organa - Heart of the Resistance that he wasn't protecting. Pulverize Lor San Tekka - True Believer. Ended with 6 cards remaining, but discarding for rerrol max damage all the match. MVP: Pulverize.
Round 4 (W): Emerson Andrade (ePalpatine / eWatto)
- Played against this deck one time, at my city, and got wrecked, so I wasn't confident for this match. Turn 2 and he was with 8 resources. I anticipated 2 Force Storm but lucky me was Soresu Mastery (that gave more trouble than Force Storm could, I believe hahha) and Force Jump. I managed to ping some damage with Retribution and the dice left after his specials. Turn 3, no specials for him and I could resolve all my dice for the first time... Pulverize again for 10 damage (7 plus 1 for each die) and we got a dead Palpatine - Unlimited Power. He got Vader's Fist next action and I got another Flames of the Past spotting my discard pile. After this... Handshake.
Round 5 (W): Marcos Botelho (eSnoke / FOST / Watto)
- Very similar match (1st and 2nd rounds). Dice rolling hot and a handshake after another Flames of the Past for the Vader's Fist from my discard pile.
Round 6 (W): Danilo Almeida (eLor San Tekka / Anakin / Leia)
- Killed Leia Organa - Heart of the Resistance first thing turn 2. Giving Pacify for Lor San Tekka - True Believer, because of Retribution. Killed Anakin Skywalker - Podracing Prodigy because of the Podracer and another withdraw.
TOP 8 - Jonathan Santos (eSnoke/FOST/Watto) - Loss
Round 1: He anticipated the "Flames of the Past for my Vader's Fist" play, so put the ID9 Seeker Droid special to confirm it but, for my surprise, he discarded Logistics. Since he knew my play and played Megablaster Troopers, I played Vader's Fist to keep close. EVERY dice roll from my Vader's Fist got 3 dmg until the end of the match.
Round 2: No Vader's Fist, no Flames of the Past, no Riot Shield, no Megablaster Troopers, no Imperial Officer... Nothing for the first 3 turns, unfortunately! On the other hand, he was with a board full of supports. Senate Chamber helped a little bit and I was recovering, but a disrupt for two resources and a ID9 Seeker Droid for my Intense Fire gave him the match.
- Round 3: Very similar, with a lot of ID9 Seeker Droid action. Very close game with, at the end, Captain Phasma - Stormtrooper Commander at 1 health remaining and Watto - Stubborn Gambler by 3. Captain Phasma - Stormtrooper Commander dice rolled 1 dmg and a blank; Vader's Fist rolled disrupt. Discarded for same results. He put lethal damage on table... Doubt for disrupt... Another lethal for another Doubt, but rolled the 1 dmg he needed.
After the Round 3, I noticed that ID9 Seeker Droid give to the opponent another action... Maybe, if I knew that, a simple discard to rerrol on my extra action could give me the damage I needed.